Within my first 24 hours at Coutet I was already sunburned. Unfortunately the result is a farmer's tan! This happened while sharing an aperitif on the terrace with the owner of Pompei restaurants (Chicago, IL) and his wife (my first guests of the summer). We had a lovely tour of the grounds and chai followed by a glass of the 2005 millesime (which is scheduled to be bottled sometime this fall).
If anyone has any suggestions how I might even out my tan before Saturday so I don't look stupid in my dress for the upcoming black tie event --- I am am ears.
I arrived in Strasbourg late Saturday night, joining my grand-mother for 3 days. She is now in a wheel chair which she calls her convertible! For Sunday lunch we went to the Hotel Diana where we had ourselves a glass of Chartreuse de Coutet (1999) and some champagne (more specifically, I sipped and she drank). After our four hour celebration we headed home for a much deserved nap. We've been catching up on the past year; she has been patient enough to look at the gazilion photos from Kellogg. This short trip is also giving the opportunity to catch up on sleep :) The weather is fantastic in these necks of the woods -- although last night we had ourselves a nice thunder storm.
I hope everyone is doing well!
Monday, June 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Self tanner? That's all I got...otherwise I say you wear your farmer's tan with pride! :)
Aline!!! This trip sounds great. I love to sit and drink the juice with my grandfather... they have so many great stories! I've been in Cork all week... back to San Diego tomorrow (Friday). Hope finals went well... sounds like you have an exciting summer in store. Ciao, bella!
Mike
Post a Comment